Blue Sky Challenge – Random Bits of Trial and Error – Full-Time RV Life
It’s an honor to be nominated (or challenged, in this case) by one of my favorite bloggers, Julie from Chickery’s Travels. I don’t usually accept awards or forward nominations, but this one seems appropriate since it’s all about beautiful blue skies. It also gives me the opportunity to highlight some wonderful blogs that I’ve come across and dearly love.
THE CHALLENGE RULES
The challenge requires that I answer eleven questions from the nominator. I then nominate eleven beautiful and inspiring blogs and give them eleven questions to answer. Julie’s questions for me are below:
- What fictional universe would you want to live in? Since I’m a bit of an empath, I would love to live in a universe where we use all the areas of our brain without limits–being able to see the things around us in reality as well as being able to see and feel those which we cannot see.
- What would be your Patronus? I’m not sure what Pottermore would choose as my Patronus, but I think it would be some sort of bird. Flying, observing, soaring–never being in one place for too long.
- If you have a tattoo, what is it? If you don’t, and had to get one, what would it be? I do not have a tattoo. If I did, it would probably be doves or butterflies as a memorial to loved ones who have passed.
- What is your favorite quote? There are too many to choose a favorite. One is “Don’t judge a man unless you’ve walked a mile in his shoes.” — origin unknown, but I remember it as advice given by Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird. The other is an Amish proverb “Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.”
- What is the favorite place you’ve visited, and why? The Grand Canyon. It taught me just how big this world is and the vastness of life yet to be experienced.
- Where are you planning to travel next? Absolutely everywhere in the continental U.S.–but the most immediate plans are to slowly work our way out to California.
- What is your favorite garden? Helen’s Garden in League City, Texas. It was my first full-time RV adventure day I experienced solo. It was quite lovely and I had time to reflect on the many life changes at the time and what the future may hold.
- If you could eat anything for your next meal, what would it be? Prime rib, medium rare (sorry to all the vegans out there) and my mom’s fried potatoes and onions.
- If you could go to any point in history to witness it for yourself, when and where would that be? During the Viking times when they set sail on adventures of discovering the unknown. I’d like to skip the violent parts where they raped, plundered, murdered, and pillaged, but would have loved to share in the thrill of discovery.
- What book are you reading right now, or what was the most recent book you read? I’m a fan of Linda Castillo and her Katie Burkholder series. I’m reading her latest, Down a Dark Road. The previous book I read was by fellow RV traveler and blogger, Joy Maguire from Rightlaners, titled Fighting Fate.
- What reality or TV series is your guilty pleasure? I love Big Brother, The Walking Dead, and This is Us. I’m a little embarrassed to admit that I also watch the Housewives of Beverly Hills and the Teen Mom series. I know. Just let it go.
My Eleven Nominees:
These are blogs I follow and love for many different reasons. Most are fellow RV travelers in different stages of the experience–from preparing for their journey, just beginning to hit the road, or have years of experience of full-time RVing under their belt. Others are blogs I enjoy because they are creative, innovative, and inspiring. Please take a moment to visit them and introduce yourself.
My list has twelve. I couldn’t help myself.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR NOMINEES
If you decide to take this challenge, please answer the following eleven questions, nominate eleven blogs you think are excellent, and inspire the authors by giving eleven questions for them to answer. Please do not feel obligated to accept this challenge–I just wanted to take the opportunity to tag my readers to your blog.
- What is the next item on your bucket list?
- What is your favorite movie quote?
- Which do you prefer: Mountains, Ocean, or Desert? Why?
- What is your favorite city to visit?
- If you had only 24 hours to live, who would you spend it with and where?
- What is your ideal relaxation day?
- What words of wisdom would you offer the next generation?
- What is your most memorable pet?
- Obviously, we are all writers. If you were to write a book, what genre would it be?
- What is the purpose/goal of your blog?
- Who is your all-time favorite author?
Thank you for this challenge, Julie. It was fun and gave me a chance to share some of the wonderful blogs I follow.